Drawing

                                

Recently my sister introduced me to manga art... I didn't really want to try at first because I'm more into realistic drawing, but then I was like "Why not?". I mean, if it is a way to draw reasonably nice people faces instead of the sharp-chinned, tiny-mouthed, mangled-nosed people I usually draw than I need to give it a shot.

Even if it's only to know that I have drawn at least one good person (face). Because usually the only thing that comes out right is their hair. I'm serious.

Here are the products of my toiling:



Sorry for the bad quality, I took them on my phone. I'm pretty happy with the results! :) I shall be doing more manga that's for sure. 

I don't know why I keep putting lists but here are some things I learned:

1. Eyes are not that hard to draw. In fact, they are pretty easy *gasp*. 
2. I have conquered the dreaded nose. Because in Manga the nose is just a strategically placed dot or dash. Anything more complicated than that would strain my drawing skills. 
3. I love drawing hair! (Erm...that came out sounding a lot creepier than I intended.)
4. Manga people have huge eyes (With the eyes again. I'm sorry. But really!!) and no eyelashes by the way. At least, not that I've noticed. 

                                                        Signing out, 
                                                                       X



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airplanes and Sky

Book Haul + My First Guest Post (!)

Waiting on Wednesday {2}