Chicago Road Trip | BTS Red Bullet Tour Concert

Sooo I have been to Chicago and back. And I promised many awesome posts on everything I did. This will be the first part of a few posts talking about my trip.

No, I'm not freaking out because I saw BTS in concert. Live. Like their faces were really there. Announcement: They're not fake, peoples. They are actual people and I actually got to see their beautifulness (don't question my vocabulary).

Welcome to my Chicago Road Trip series: Part 1. 


We live over eight hours away from Chicago as the car drives, so the trip was already kind of going to be a little tiring and a little stressful. But then we hit almost every bad thing that can happen on a road trip. There were something like THREE accidents on the same interstate and road construction on what seemed like every other part of the interstate.

And then when we actually got to Chicago and saw the beautiful skyline...

I have never seen so many tall skyscrapers together before. It was amazing.

We hit back-to-back traffic. At first I thought, well, maybe it's like some kind of late rush hour or something but it turns out it's like that in Chicago almost all the time.

It's very... intense.

So, we hit this huge lump of traffic after we'd already gone through every obstacle imaginable. And we think well, maybe, this will be okay. Maybe we still have time.

It's friggin 7:55 at night and we still have ten minutes of more driving to do and that's if we were traveling at normal speeds and not 5 miles an hour. The concert was at eight.

I was freaking out.


We finally got to Rosemont Theater and as we're like run-walking (and at this point everybody needs to go bathroom too) to the entrance, I look at my phone and it's 8:17.

Rosemont Theater

My whole family goes in (because, bathrooms) and there's a lady and she goes, "Do you have tickets?" I kind of shoved my ticket at her distractedly and frantically because I COULD ALREADY HEAR THE CONCERT UPSTAIRS.


So, my sister gets her ticket scanned too. And then we both just look at each other and run. I have never run up stairs so fast. I could hear Rap Monster talking to the crowd and the crowd screaming and oh my god. The stress and excitement.

A guy takes us into the concert, which is already hyped up and in full swing, and he's in the middle of telling us he can get us better seats. I'm just trying to not trip over the steps and watch the stage at the same time.

I remembered to acknowledge the dude a tiny bit. At this point, my sister was completely focused on the stage (BTS is her bias group) and I am seriously surprised she didn't fall on her face or pass out or something.

Rap Mon is already good looking, but he seriously looked beautiful in real life. Actually all of BTS looks way taller and more built than they do on TV or in pictures. Especially V, Jin, and Rap Mon. They got shoulders man. (Rap Mon is not gangly.)

I literally could not believe that I was seeing and hearing them IN REAL LIFE.

I could barely look to see where I was sitting because I was trying to watch them at the same time. And then I didn't need to sit down because everyone was standing up for another song. The energy and noise was unbelievable. At first I felt really awkward screaming and moving to the beat but then I was like there is no way anybody else can hear me scream when I can't even hear myself scream and nobody's looking at me. Not when friggin BTS is right in front of us.

So I screamed. Loud. And a lot. I was actually surprised at myself that such screams could come out of my mouth because I never scream in regular life.


I barely remember some of the song names and even songs because I was just so caught up in the hype and the beat (and it was really, really loud).

The rappers have such gifts. They did Cypher I and II (I think) and the place was rocking from all the energy. Like I said on Twitter, Rap Mon needs to keep his Dope MV hair for the rest of his life. And he owns the stage. He's as funny in real life as he is on TV and he really does speak good English. He's the only one that could say Chicago right. And, his rapping is as powerful as heck. (*whispers* He's my bias. Which means absolute favoritest ever out of the group.)

HIS FACE. *squee* Yes, this is Rap Mon.

Here's a better picture that I did not take.

At the end, he talked about how he'd heard about Chicago ever since he was a little kid and some of his favorite artists came from there. I'm not even from Chicago and I was proud of Chicago.

J-Hope was the sweetest. And dang, can he rap for a long time without stopping. Also, he gave the audience a thumbs up and told us we did really good when we sang along to Miss Right when we were actually pretty awful. But we tried. And we did better the second and third times of the chorus. They had a karaoke version up on the screen (thank god).

J-Hope

You have not known the feeling of invincibility until you have sung a BTS song with 4,000 other people. 

And near the end of the concert, J-Hope told us "Saranghaeyo" and twirled around in a circle (whilst making a heart over his head). 

Suga has a Transformer voice. It is so low. He is so swaggy, yet so squishy in real life too. When he was talking to us (near the end of the concert), he kept being interrupted by the screaming hordes of us (the awesome fans) and I could tell it made him really happy and kind of like "What do I do? They're so excited. Oh my gosh." He grinned and laughed. *clutches heart*

Sugaaaaaa

V. Taehyung. My gosh, you adorable puppy. His smile literally lit up my world. 

And look! I got a somewhat awful, grainy picture of him too. At least I captured the moment. :D

Kewtie

His voice could convert anyone to anything. It is the most soulful, smoky thing ever. I could listen to him all day. At one point in the concert, he went over to Jungkook and started just whupping his butt with the biggest grin while looking at Kookie. And then Jungkook had enough and started to turn towards him and V ran away. XD 

At the end of the concert, when it was his turn to talk, he kept singing notes and making us copy him and he went so high that his voice cracked (and we didn't sound so hot either). And then he just randomly yelled, "I LOVE YOU." (We love you too V. You adorable thing.)

JIMIN. He is an angel with a devilish side. Such. a. tease. If any of you know BTS, you know that Jimin is known for giving fan service. Which basically means doing body waves and showing off his abs and stuff. 

*le cute*

Which he did. Of course. He also fooled around with J-Hope which the crowd loved. And this boy. *shakes head in wonder* This boy has the voice of an angel. He hits high notes like it's nothing. And he kept doing this adorable thing where he talked in a deep voice and pumped his fists. I don't know how to explain it so that you understand how cute it was. Chicago = Seecago. 

Normally, I am not that hugely biased towards Jungkook. I mean he's cute and he has a great voice but that was all really. Um. Um. When he was saying goodbye to us, he was so awkward and cute and he didn't know a lot of English. He is not a "cool Busan guy." Which is awesome. He's kind of an intimidating maknae sometimes. It's good to know he's adorable and actually a normal seventeen year old guy. 

*le youngest*
His voice is actually so gorgeous. My sister described it as chocolate. I'd say that's pretty accurate. And he looks stinkin' built in real life too. Apparently, I have the worst attention span in energetic situations because I felt like a cat following a laser or something. THERE WERE TOO MANY THINGS. But, my point is at the end of the concert Rap Mon led us all in saying "I like you" in Korean to them and my sister saw Jungkook grin when that happened. 

Jin is actually full of quiet sass. When it was his turn to talk to us, he made everyone be quiet first. It was amazing how fast everyone stopped screaming. And when the crowd would start cheering again, he'd give us a disapproving look and shake his finger at us. 

King Fabulous

And oh my gosh, his English is actually horrible. XD But he was so sincere and sassy. It was the best. His voice is like crystal. Crystal clear and high. I don't know why I didn't notice it before in their songs but it's so strong in their live performances. 

Um, so, to sum it up. Well, I can't really, but I'll try. They're all precious. Jimin and J-Hope are actually the best mood-makers ever. Rap Mon is boss. Jungkook is a normal teenager which makes him so much more endearing. V is an actual puppy that could probably make me do anything if he smiled at me. Suga is the swaggiest cutie. And Jin is fab. 

I almost forgot! All of BTS had to play rock, paper, scissors to decide two people to do aegyo. It ended up being Suga and Jungkook. 

Rap Mon: Oh, I can't wait for this, because they are really terrible at aegyo. 

And then they had to play rock, paper, scissors again to see who would go first. Jungkook won and had to go first, and Suga did the most adorable frog happy dance across the stage. 

Yes, they are both awful at aegyo. 



I only took a few pictures with the camera before some dude came and told me to put it away. (Oops. Sorry not sorry.)



I am SO excited that this picture turned out okay. Sorry J-Hope, I swear I didn't mean to cut you in half. I was distracted.

Rap Monster on the big screen again. All of them on stage. Swag. 

REALLY bad quality. But I couldn't not post it. It's Jimin's face close-up.

I did not see the "no photography/video-taking" sign outside the doors. I really didn't. To be honest, I probably would have ignored it anyway. BUT, due to my bravery (or ignorance), you shall have a video of clips of BTS. Eventually. I had it all ready to go this evening and then I found out I couldn't actually create it all the way without spending big bucks on the program.

Which sucks, because I spent hours on it today. But when I pull myself together to make it again, I will share the link on Twitter and put the video on this post as well.

But I won't be able to post it up today. :((

Edit (8/8/'15): I have now finally completed editing and uploaded the video to YouTube. I'm really sorry that it's not HD quality or that it doesn't have a thumbnail image. Any opinions on why that would be?? ANYWAY, here it is. 



Now that I've thrown so many BTS things at you, I bet you have an urge to check them out. You do, don't you. ;)

Here are some of their less well-known songs that are extremely gorgeous (like Bangtan's faces):

Beautiful


Miss Right


You can check out my sister's recap here.

Any BTS fangirls out there? You must make yourselves known so we can screech together. This whole experience has made me want to vlog more. What do you think? Yes? No? 

Comments

  1. *hangs head* I should have taken more videos, but to be completely honest, do you really want more of the monstrosity that is already on my phone? You are a lifesaver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm. No, I do not. *pats head* I know you were very excited though. So you're forgiven this time for not contributing at all. You're welcome ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you guys! Tell me all the things. Talk to me. Except not in real life. I don't do that ish. #introvertlife

Popular posts from this blog

Book Haul + My First Guest Post (!)

Airplanes and Sky

Waiting on Wednesday {2}