Stacking the Shelves {1}

So for the New Year, I'm putting up this awesome thingamajigger! I brought in the New Year last night, although I managed to write on my Facebook late. I did the same thing last year. Oh, well. Happy New Year's, everybody! 


I have finally decided to join in the Stacking the Shelves meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. Basically, you list all the books you've bought, borrowed (from friends or the library), review books, gotten as gifts, and e-books for the week. 

I decided to do Stacking the Shelves this week is because I just had an extremely successful used-books store run yesterday. And I also have borrowed many e-books from my library's online...well, library. 


           

                                  


1. Almost Amish by Kathryn Cushman (about a woman who joins a TV show where she has to live like the Amish)
2. The Strange Case of Finley Jane by Kady Cross (steampunk)
3. 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson (the main character gets instructions from mysterious blue envelopes)
4. Fate by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (main character is a high school student/ancient mystical being. how's that for a surprise?) 
5. I Want to Live by Lurlene McDaniel (about a girl who survives cancer but then the disease makes a come-back)


*technically these were gifts (because I bought them with gift money), but who's being technical?

 

 

 

 

 

I am so excited about these books! I can't even decide which to read first. And the best part? I got all of them for $12.55 at my favorite used-books store. Yeah, I know. Be jealous, be very jealous. 

1. Proof Positive by Peter Lerangis (very young readers. I'm only collecting them because the clues and puzzles are so neat and I want the series and I want my little brother to read them in the future. oh, it's a spy-related book)
2. Tunnel Vision by Peter Lerangis (same)
3. Safe by Susan Shaw (the story of a girl's recovery after she was raped)
4. Monkey Fist by Sandy Fussell (a group of samurai {japanese warrior} kids and their adventures. also a bit kidsy)
5. Dancing Through Fire by Kathryn Lasky (a historical book based 19th century Paris. about a young ballet dancer)
6. The Debutante by Kathryn Williams (a high school senior is forced to enter the debutante society of the south. note: I live in the south and I have never heard of such a thing. it could be because I'm poor)
7. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle (you probably know what this is about)
8. Enthusiasm by Polly Shulman (a Pride and Prejudice based novel. as in, the girl mc is crazy about pride and prejudice and now wants to find her own Mr. Darcy)
9. The Hunter's Moon by O. R. Melling (the fae world)
10. The Candidates by Inara Scott (a girl with a gift. it wasn't very specific in the summary. something about telekinetics?)

I can't wait to start reading :)
                          

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Haul + My First Guest Post (!)

Airplanes and Sky

Waiting on Wednesday {2}