Deep Thoughts + Writing Picture Scenes

I realized recently how much I've changed in 3-4 years, because I was reading my first journal that I started when I was twelve (and some other ones as well). One reason I say this is because there's a part in my journal where I'm talking about how there's a line that shouldn't be crossed when it comes to welcoming someone who has problems (cussing, drinking, maybe drugs. I'm not sure what instance I was talking about in that particular entry) and supporting them.

First, I know that you should not support someone who does drugs in that you encourage them to do more drugs. Nope, not my meaning at all. My question is this-- Do you spend time with them? Treat them normally? or do you not hang out with them and completely avoid them because they're "bad"? To be honest, I'm not really sure. 

What about killing? While everyone knows it is definitely not right to go on murder sprees, is it okay if a person kills someone else to defend themselves? 

What do you think?

Sorry for the heavy thoughts...I just wanted to get them off my chest. 

And now for something I don't think I've ever done on this blog (only on my old one)....drum roll please....Writing-A-Short-Story-Scene-From-Inspiration-From-A-Picture. That is the official name. You have to say the whole thing if you ever want to talk to me about it or mention it at all.

Or you will be mercifully killed. By the minions. 

Here is today's picture:

I hid behind the bushes, cursing when the leaves still clinging to the branches barely covered me. I was sure they would see me. At least it was a wet fall day and the leaves on the ground were damp so they didn't make too much noise. 

I stayed still, straining to hear every little noise. This was getting old. This was the third time this month...the patrols were definitely getting too suspicious of this city. Muffled voices echoed in the clearing. I tensed. 

I could barely make out the sound of their footsteps. Which was the bad part of the leaves being damp. While they helped me, they also helped the enemy. Nature had a pretty dry sense of humor. 

Now that the patrols had come into my line of sight, my eyes widened in recognition. Those were the same two patrols as last time. Were they regulars here? Nobody had searched here regularly since...well, never. And that was strange. Why were they starting to look now? 

The taller one cursed and kicked at a clump of leaves. "Lost her again!"

The other one, the one who I knew had steely gray eyes from other closer encounters, didn't reply. He just kept looking, probing the area with his eyes. I slowed my breathing, and exhaled out of my mouth to make it quieter. Gray Eyes' scan of the area stopped at somewhere a little to my right. Not good. 

It was so quiet that you probably could have heard it if a drop of water landed on a leaf. 

The taller patrol waited a few minutes before asking impatiently, "Are you done exploring the scenery yet, Wolfe?" 

Oh. That meant that Gray Eyes was in training. It also meant he was very good. 

Gray Eyes' jaw clenched the tiniest bit. "Yes, Cobra." Tall Guy was a captain, how very inconvenient.

"Good." The Cobra looked up and made a motion. Soon I could hear the light thrumming of a helicopter's blades. 

In a few minutes, the Cobra and the Wolfe had gotten into the heli and disappeared in a matter of seconds. I rolled my shoulders and sighed. I glanced at the sky. I had to get back to the safe house and talk to Kylie.


So....what do you think, my lovely readers? Do you want more of this kind of post? Also, would you like to try the same thing? If you do, I would love to post your work on my blog or link to it if you have your own blog. And also, you might be wondering why I wrote that kind of story scene (sense of danger, darkness, etc.), and it's because the photo naturally looks happy and so I thought I would portray a feeling opposite of that, if that makes any sense. Just wanted to explain that :)

                                                               Hugs,
                                                                     X



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Haul + My First Guest Post (!)

Airplanes and Sky

Waiting on Wednesday {2}