My friends, it has been crazy, and this month was no exception. So this Friday is kind of a catch-up day for me. This morning I had work (👉 student worker 👈), after work I dropped my laptop off at a repair shop so they could finish installing a piece that I've been waiting for for a few weeks, and then I came home to my apartment and started cleaning and airing out because BOY does it need it. And it was finally nice weather! (It was snowy only a couple days ago. Tennessee is a mess.)
Then I took a nap because, I mean, is an explanation ever necessary for a nap? No, but it's because I was exhausted and couldn't focus on doing any homework. 😂
That brings me to the point of this post which is a weekly meme, F is for Friday, hosted by Nomadic Worlds. I needed to decompress a little bit more before I tried to write an essay so this meme seemed like a great way to do that. Aaand Nomad is one of my best blogger friends, so I'm here for THAT PROMO WOOP.
How to participate in the meme:1. Credit the creator of this tag (Nomadic Worlds ) and link back.
2. Answer the four questions to the best of your ability.
3. Most important of all, enjoy yourself!
Questions:F – Feature your latest book obsession (it doesn’t have to be your current read)
I – Indicate which book/s you are looking forward to reading this weekend.
F – Favorite quote of the week/day
F – Five things you’re happy or grateful for this week.
F - Feature your latest book obsession (it doesn't have to be your current read)
I have been dying to read this book ever since I found out about it, sometime either near the end of 2017 or January 2018. It has so much going for it: an adorable cover, a POC main character, A TAIWANESE main character to be exact, and it's set in college. All of those things are things that don't exist enough in YA, so I am going to snap this up as soon as I feel like I can afford it. I literally have this book on all of my existing wish lists.
I - Indicate which book/s you are looking forward to reading this weekend
If I have time, I'll definitely be picking up These Shallow Graves, which I'm in the process of slooowly reading, or Exile for Dreamers, the second book in the Stranje House series. They're both set in similar eras. I think. Don't quote me on that though.
F- Favorite quote of the week/day
So, I have two things, and neither of them are book-related. Sorry. 😂
I'm following Nomad's lead for the first thing, which a quote from a Japanese BTS (*chants* BTS BTS) song called Don't Leave Me. It's just so UGH so good and passionate, and it's about saving someone whom they love. Those are always the most powerful love songs to me. The ones where those two people are the only ones who can save each other:
"I'm here now, in the gap between your past and future
That gets deeper the more time flows.
I start running. Don't leave me. Now believe.
You are my heartbeat. No ending.
No matter how heavy the rain will fall,
No matter how much the darkness hides me.
I'll go straight to save you
Because you're not alone."
Note: I hope these lyrics are accurate because every place I went for translations was a little bit different from the one before it, so I just tried to get the general meaning from meshing those translations together and using the pieces from each one that made the most sense and most impact in English.
My second quote is this tweet that made me laugh so hard this week, and I'm not even sure why okay it's just so funny to me.
— Respectful Memes (@RespectfulMemes) March 19, 2018
F-Five things you're happy or grateful for this week
1. I'm grateful that this week is over! Haha, but real talk. Friday arriving feels great.
2. I'm happy that my laptop finally finished getting repaired. The delay was not in anyway the fault of the repair shop--it was just because the part had to be shipped in from far away, BUT nevertheless it is great to not have to worry about laptop pieces falling off as I use it. 😉
3. I got book mail this week, which always cheers me up. I managed to find two books that I've been wanting for a while through the #booksforsale #booksfortrade hashtags on Twitter. You'd never think it, but Twitter is actually a great place to buy books if you're willing to be patient and just keep an eye out.
4. THAI FOOD. Bless. So thankful that the city I'm going to school in has a Thai restaurant. I crave one of their noodle dishes all. the. time. This week I indulged myself, and it was heavenly.
5. The amazing internship that I'm doing right now. It is really easy to find internships that aren't great, as I was reminded of this week when I talked to one of my design classmates who is not loving her internship and professor-boss. And which I experienced myself back in sophomore year. That makes me appreciate my current job and bosses that much more. I just got back great feedback on a project with a fast turnaround this week too, so that helps!
If you'd like to do this meme, just follow the link I have at the beginning of this post. 10/10 won't regret.