Summer break. Ah. Just think of the books I'll be able to cross off my TBR list.
How many books did I read in March?
*sigh* 9. And that's counting a novella and a book I DNF'd. Eight YA novels and one adult.
Definitely The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. The characters were awesomely quirky, the plot and premise were unique and awesome. And the way the lives of all the characters were entwined was mind-blowing. It's like seeing a close-up of a maze, and slowly the camera pans out and you understand. I loved the main character, Blue.
Well, I DNF'd As I Wake by Elizabeth Scott so...yeah. It was confusing (and not in the good way). It just didn't click for me.
I should probably pick one since I've read only 9 books. Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt was my favorite cover. It's bright and cheerful and suits the book perfectly. The headphones are a good touch.
Least favorite cover(s)?
A Ride into Morning by Ann Rinaldi. Yeah, it's just so reddish toned in everything. I'm not usually one for covers that look like traditional paintings.
451 pages (The Help, which by the way is a runner-up both for my favorite books & favorite covers).
Bonus Question: Which book was I most disappointed by?
Uninvited by Sophie Jordan. I was really looking forward to this book because the synopsis sounded so awesome. A world where people are tested for a murderistic-tendency gene? Yes, please (although it would be very bad if it happened of course). As I read it though, it just seemed full of dystopian cliches and I didn't really get close to the main character.
- Getting nominated for a Liebster Blog Award!
- Receiving my first review books in the mail where all things should be gotten because let's admit it getting stuff in the mail is awesome.
- Finally reading The Raven Boys and loving it. I want the second and third books now. Give.
- Making friends wherever I go/went (Haha, not really).
- Discovering that I was very glad that I made a Twitter account. I now get updates telling me about giveaways everywhere. I almost don't know what to do with myself (I said almost. Back away from the Rafflecopter).
- Ordering a signed and personalized copy of Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard. ASDFGHJKL. I can't wait until it gets here!
- Winning a bookmark for The Polaris Uprising by Jennifer Ibarra and wishing I had the book to go with it. The limitations of my pockets are maddening.
- Getting stuck in the front yard in my Mustang because it just rained recently and was muddy and having to spin my way out. I scared my sister. But really, I had everything under control.
Have an awesome coming week. :) I hate Mondays too, but we'll pull through it together. I am going to post a bucketful of Project 30 Days of Inspire posts all at once, probably tomorrow.