Sunday Swoons | Romantic Writings


(More detailed rules can be found here.)

This Week's Topic: Romantic Writings | Talk about couples that you have created in your books, stories, and worlds. That's basically the only requirement so have fun with it. :)

Romance in My Writing

I have never written a complete book, and honestly, I haven't gone too far in writing relationships yet either. So this will just be me rambling about the kinds of couples I tend to write and maybe snippets of what I have written for my couples. 

source @ Pinterest
I'm a big fan of "one and only" couples so that's usually what I write. I don't want to write stories about people who are only together for a short period of time. I want people to believe in true love and loyalty (since that's such a hard concept to grasp in all these current novels) and that it lasts. Not all guys are players, not all girls are flirts. 

source @ Pinterest

Before anything else, I want my couples to be friends. I have to admit, I'm not one of those people who believes in insta-love (as you might have guessed from my rants on that ;)) because jumping from a first sighting to passionate love doesn't make sense to me. I believe in building-love. I think it's stronger. I don't want my characters to be together because they each think the other person is hot and kick-butt. I want them to be together because they love the little things to. The way one side of their smile is higher than the other, the way they step carefully around even the tiniest flowers, the way they look so fulfilled when they're breathing in the cool wind. This stuff matters the most.


This kind of ties in with the "one and only" thing but...I think it's so amazing when a couple looks at each other like they're the only ones that matter. Not in a lovesick way but like...you're the only one they can see and they would never even look at another girl/guy even if they were hot or sexy or whatever. That's what love is all about and that's what I want to write in my stories.

Now for revealing some of the couples I've written (this is a bad idea this is a bad idea):

1. Daughter of Zion #1

A long, loooong time ago I wanted to write a series with my sister that featured teenage girl warriors. Here comes in one of the girls, quiet and deadly, and the guy a mischievous, kinda dangerous gang leader.

I don't think it's too cliche and I still like the idea but it's a no go I think after multiple re-writes of the first few pages and also it was totally copying the Kingdom Series by Chuck Black.

2. Working Title: Misunderstood

This is the couple in a super short story I wrote from a dream I had. The girl/young woman had been betrayed by the guy who had in addition gotten her pregnant and left her with a little girl. When the baby girl is around two, they meet each other by chance again. This whole story is set in a war-torn country and both the girl and guy were involved with military. And even though the guy betrayed the girl, there was some misunderstanding that I didn't figure out. I actually would love to turn this into a story but I'm not sure if that will happen.

And I'M SORRY but this is all I have time to write tonight. You all have a great coming week and please link up with us! (If you want to of course. *grins*)

Next Week's Topic: Everyone Loves Me Syndrome (a girl or guy having multiple people interested in them at the exact same time)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Haul + My First Guest Post (!)

Airplanes and Sky

Waiting on Wednesday {2}