Sunshine Award Times Two11:10 AM
This is the first time I've gotten any award besides the Liebster and it was given to me by two people! I'm so excited. :) Thank you NevilleGirl and Sophia SO much. And I'm so happy you guys thought of me *grins hugely*.
According to what I learned from my nominators' posts and my own (casual) research into it, the Sunshine Award is really similar to the Liebster Blog Award. The purpose of the Sunshine Award, like the Liebster, is to help bloggers connect with each other.
1. Tell us five facts about yourself.
2. Answer the five questions given.
3. Write five questions for your nominees to answer.
4. Nominate five bloggers for the award and let them know about it (although this isn't mandatory since there's all kinds of variation here).
5. Thank the person who nominated you!
1. I've never gone to any book events like author signings, book con (or whatever they call it), etc.
2. I have hazel eyes and sometimes in pictures one of my eyes looks green and the other looks brown. #truestory
3. I hate shopping for stuff when I'm the one who has to deal with the cashier and everything.
4. When I was a kid, I chopped off lots of my hair so my mom had to take me to get a bobbed/bob haircut to make it look like a weed-eater didn't just try to eat my hair.
5. My favorite color of nail polish is dark maroon (well, I guess maroon is dark...eh, you know what I mean) with the kind of shiny sheen to it. It's not sparkles but it's not matte either.
1. What book will you read next?
Oh gosh, I don't know. Probably Can't Look Away by Donna Cooner or Gypsy by I-can't-remember-right-now.
2. Do your parents, siblings, or any other relatives read your blog? What do they think of it?
Only my sister reads my blog. And well she rolls her eyes at a lot of my jokes but I think she secretly likes it ;) *whispers* She reads all my posts.
3. What's the funniest thing you've seen or heard recently?
Haha it has to be this video clip of Orange Caramel (a Kpop girl group).
4. If you could choose, right now, to be either ten years younger or ten years older than you currently are, which option would you pick?
Definitely ten years younger (which would be eight for me, if you're interested ;)). When I was eight, there wasn't anything to worry about except my piano lessons and schoolwork that was pretty easy to me then. I ran around and played with my guy cousins and little sister all the time. It was carefree *sigh*
5. What is your quest?
Uh...I'm not really sure how to answer this question. If you're referring to some fandom then sorry, no idea what you're talking about.
However. If you're talking about my quest in life, then I'd say it's to do normal stuff like go through college and get a job I love, but also other stuff like continue to blog (forever) and write a book and travel the world. I want to make a difference in someone's life and find direction for my own. I want to be me and be proud of it. Yeah, I have a lot of quests :D
1. Do you buy books from a bookstore, or borrow from a library more often? Why?
I usually borrow from a library more. Because free books. 'Nough said. :)
2. If you could have one fictional character as your best friend, who would it be?
I'd say Mallory from Going Vintage. She has an awesome sense of humor.
3. Have you ever written a letter to an author - and actually sent it? (if so - did you get a reply?) [Note: I have done none of these things. Bad me.]
I guess I'm bad too because I haven't done any of these things either. I've thought about writing a letter to an author, but that's as far as it's ever gotten. Maybe I should change that...hm...
4. What is your favorite reading place?
I'm not very picky so probably just sitting against a wall somewhere in the house or on my bed (sprawled very gracefully of course).
5. If you could pick one kitchen utensil that describes you, what would it be and why?
I've never thought about that before. Good question ;)
I'd say a spork. Yes, that abominable thing. I hate using sporks. Anyways. Off topic. I think I'm a spork because it's a cross between two very different things, a fork and a spoon. And I'm a confusing mixture of personalities myself and I like all sorts of contradicting things like rap and Celtic music. XD
1. What color describes your personality best?
2. Given the choice of swimming in a lake or a pool, which one would you pick?
3. Who's your favorite fictional couple?
4. If you had the chance to give a foreigner only one American food to convince them it was awesome, what food would you pick?
5. What is your least favorite part of writing (if you write)? If you don't write, what's your least favorite animal? (You weren't expecting that were you. Admit it.)
Briana @Reader, Writer, Critic