Wherein I Receive a Liebster Award7:13 PM
I have gotten three Liebster blog awards not too far apart recently and I have posted (or will have) acceptance posts for all of them.
Now...I just want to post a disclaimer of sorts before I begin this post. It is my goal to write an acceptance post for each Liebster blog award I get until I no longer fit the criteria. And this is in no way because I'm trying to show off or anything like that. I just feel like since these bloggers took the time to notice me and nominate me, I should deal them the same courtesy through not only accepting the award but also answering their questions. I know that every time I nominate someone I wait with anticipation until their post is up. So please don't take offense!!
Julia @ Julia the Writer Girl nominated me for the Liebster. Thank you so much, Julia! Hugs and chocolate (but mostly chocolate). I only just "met" you so this was an awesome surprise. :D
2. I was a dark blonde when I was a toddler. Now I have dark brown hair...sometimes it looks black.
3. I tan really well, but my nose ALWAYS peels. (Okay, that was weird. Sorry.)
4. I am terrified of cutting my hair really short. The shortest I've ever cut it is shoulder length.
5. I do not like wearing dresses and skirts. I think I've only mostly worn them to weddings.
6. I've tried learning Spanish, Chinese, and Japanese-- still can't speak any of them fluently. Boo.
7. When I discover a new song I like, it's constantly on repeat (much to the disappointment of my younger sister. And that's putting it mildly.
8. I didn't know about Spiderman until I was around seven and saw him on the back of a cereal box.
9. My favorite smells are: freshly cut grass, horses, honeysuckle, and the smell of fire on clothes (Let me clarify-- when someone's been around a fire and the smell gets on their clothes. I would never take joy in someone burning alive. Pft.).
10. I almost don't cry at all in real life, but when I watch movies I cry extremely easily. I cried at the end of Ice Age 1 that's how bad it is I can't even control it.
11. I don't really scream either. I'm a Vulcan. I usually just yell or yelp or something. *tosses hair*
My favorite genre is dystopian, so I'd say...either mild paranormal or urban fantasy.
2. Who's your favorite book boyfriend/girlfriend?
As in related to the characters of the book or to me? Cause your 'favorite' kind of threw me off... okay, the dude I feel was the best (or the best I can remember right now) to his girlfriend in the book was Indelible Ink. AW, he was a sweetie.
My top book boyfriend...now I feel as if you're implying that I have more than one. You're not, right? ;) I have no idea. Um, maybe Noah from The Raven Boys or Tam from Feyland.
Gosh, I really don't think about this too much.
3. What's your favorite cookie?
Chocolate Chip. Hands down. I can eat very many of them without a problem.
4. What's your favorite kind of shoes?
Boots! My favorite types of boots are combat boots and ankle boots. They're just stylish and comfortable at the same time. :) Translation: They can look dressy without the pain of heels. I cannot walk in heels.
5. What's your favorite junk food?
Sour cream & onion potato chips. You know, the fact that I don't have to think to hard about this question doesn't speak well for me. ;)
6. If you could co-write a book with anyone, who would you choose?
Probably Cassandra Clare because her humor is amazing and all her characters have humor, just different styles, or Maggie Stiefvater because her ideas are so original. She invented original.
7. If your family, friends, and pets were already safe, what would you rescue in a fire?
Definitely my computer. It has all my pictures, books I'm working on, important documents...yeah. *hugs computer protectively*
8. What's the least awful type of apocalypse?
Um...anything that does not have water like tsunami waves and hurricanes. They freak me out.
9. If you could be famous for only one thing, what would you choose?
I would choose to be famous as an author or for discovering the answer to an old/huge scientific mystery.
10. Why did you start blogging?
When I started blogging, I didn't really know why. Maybe it was the idea of creating my own space in the ginormous blogosphere. Or maybe it was because I got to express my thoughts and feelings and know that somebody somewhere was reading my posts.
11. Who are your blogging inspirations?
Cait & Mime from Notebook Sisters because they discuss serious things, are well known throughout the blogging community, but still know how to have fun and be sarcastic. Sometimes things can get too serious, and the Notebook Sisters keep it interesting.
Also, maybe not blogging inspiration, but I really respect Miriam Joy for tackling the hard questions and controversial subjects on her blog with intelligence and dry humor.
2. Jaime @The Dancing Lawn
3. Ely @What Can I Say?
4. Sophia @Ravens and Writing Desks
5. Maddie @Totally Me
6. Ivy @Revealed in Time
7. Emily @For the Bookish
8. S.R @S.R. McKade
9. I nominate anyone who fits the criteria! Have fun and comment with the link or answers so I can find them. :)
2. Given the choice between having blue hair forever or a dragon tattoo on your arm forever (duh), which would you choose?
3. Do you like reading book blogs or watching booktuber videos better?
4. Do you have a bucket list?
5. I couldn't live without my computer...or books, obviously. BUT, excluding your computer, books, and cellphone/phone (you know, the essentials), what is one thing you couldn't live without?
6. What's your least favorite food?
7. Do you make up new endings in your head for books or movies that stunk because they were so sad?
8. What does your handwriting look like? Picture, please. Well, I said please.
9. What do you want to accomplish in five years? (Like major goals, etc.)
10. Hardcover or paperback?
11. What is your favorite sound?