Cress + Viking Brats

It took an ungodly amount of time to re-design the background of my blog. Do you know why? 'Cause the backgrounds provided by blogger sorta (totally) stink. Anyways, that is not the point of this post. 

The point of this post is that the cover for Cress by Marissa Meyer was finally released...and it is ASDGJHDFKGLJ. 

Refer to the picture below. 


I know right.

It is a thing of beauty.

Don't lie to me. You totally let out a string of garbled words that sounded something like ASFJGHDSLKFJ. I am a reader of minds. 

You can already tell it's going to be based on Rapunzel! And URGH I can't wait to read it! But, alas, it doesn't come out until February 4, 2014. 2014. I just rolled my eyes when I typed that. Sane, responsible publishers do not release a cover for a ridiculously good and looked-forward-to book almost two and a half months before hand. 

I'll just put the blurb thingy right here. You're welcome. 

Rapunzel’s tower is a satellite. She can’t let down her hair—or her guard. 

In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army. 

Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker—unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice. 

When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can.


Is that not the best opening ever?? A satellite equals tower from fairytales? Marissa Meyer does a wicked job of finding dystopian aka "robo-world" alternatives. And I love fairytale re-makes. Have I mentioned how much I love what this book is going to be? 

Also, since Cress isn't actually out yet, and I haven't actually read it yet, I'm going to do an extra book review. Woop woop! 

NOTE: I haven't read a book in a gazillion years (meaning, a few weeks) because of school *sigh*.

Once upon a time (it was ages ago, probably a few years...I'm not even kidding), I bought the first book of the Viking Quest Series from Amazon. As all of you readers know, buying brand new books is not cheap, so I didn't buy the rest even though I really liked the first book. 

Someone else's very nice photo

Sooo, just a few months ago I was in my "Favorite Second-Hand Store in the State". Sorry, I forgot my original name for it. I am now doomed to be attacked by my own minions. *whispers* They show no mercy. Anyways, there they were (not the minions. the books series). Just like a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. Except they were in a dull section of brown bookcase. And they aren't gold. There were books 2-5 for only $1.50 each. I was seriously psyched. I could finally collect a complete series, and believe me, I have been "collecting" several series for a long time. 

The main characters are Brianna (Bree), Devin (her brother), and Mikkel (a stupid, spoiled Viking brat). Bree and Devin live in Ireland at a time when Vikings are a real danger. Many people have been kidnapped and stolen away in big Viking ships. This time, Devin and Bree get stolen away. By Mikkel. He's fourteen and basically thinks that everything he gets, he deserves. He's a pain in the butt, in the head, in the everywhere (until book 5...it took a while). Bree and Devin are Christians and their faith, especially Bree's, throughout all their time in slavery is amazing. How could they remain close to God through that? It just blows my mind. 

Eventually, everything works out and Bree, Devin, and Mikkel are happy in their faith. I'm afraid if I try to explain more I might just blurt out the whole plot. The reading level is not high at all. It seems like Middle School and lower, but it's still a good light read. 

Go read some books for me! While I sit here and moan about school...

                                                     Peace out, 
                                                                  X

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airplanes and Sky

Book Haul + My First Guest Post (!)

Waiting on Wednesday {2}