Inconceivable Announcements

I slept in really late today (almost eleven) and I've been meaning to get a couple good posts out, but my little sister forced me to write with her. 

Let me explain. 

As you may have noticed, I do write sometimes but I mostly read. I don't offer writing tips and stuff because I don't write too often and I don't count myself as a particularly gifted writer. I would love to write a book, but I usually get the characters and then have zero plot. Apparently, this is unacceptable. So my younger sister told me I had to write some today. So I partnered up to write parts of a novella she's writing (she's very driven. She's working on two novels and the novella. I usually just watch in disbelief and shake my head at her insanity. It works). 

It's actually going better than I thought it would. I disciplined myself to write a little over 1800 words in one sitting. I'm guessing my sister's going to make me do more after she's done showering. *whispers* She's a terror.

I might put snippets of my work sometime later when I have more to work with, but I'm going to show you the cover I made first.


I'm doing two POVs for this one: a guy and a girl. This is the first time I've written for a guy, but I guess it's good practice. And I definitely need that. On a side note, Skylar Finn is my pen name not my real name. 

Also some things that I will be posting during this weekend and the following week (hopefully anyway) are:

1. Book and Writing Insanity Linkup (hosted by the Notebook Sisters
2. A Character(s) Interview (with questions supplied by the awesome Tansie Gray)
3. More book reviews. 
4. Other fun and interesting things that I haven't thought of yet.

Soooo. That's about it. 

I am currently very cozy in a maroon Aeropostale hoodie and sweat pants. They are literally the softest things ever. I just finished a bowl of vanilla ice cream a few minutes ago too. I know it's contradictory that I'm eating ice cream when it's freezing cold. Sorry. That happens a lot for me. 

                                                          Cozy reading (yes that is a thing),
                                                                                  X


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Haul + My First Guest Post (!)

Airplanes and Sky

Waiting on Wednesday {2}