New Year's Resolutions1:15 PM
This is a late post. But even though it seems like everybody else timed their "Welcome, 2014" posts perfectly, I'm going to give it a shot anyways...even though it's two days late.
I have never really made New Year's resolutions. Ever. I mean I make short-term lists and goals. It seems more feasible. But this year is it. It's a big year for me. And so I want to make a few promises to myself that I will accomplish.
1. Get my driver's license (finally. seriously guys you don't want to know how many permits I have in my wallet. it's scary).
2. Write a complete, full-length novel.
3. Spend more time with my little brother.
4. Finally read the classics and absolutely-must-read-before-college books that I've been meaning to read for years.
5. Start exercising more and eating healthier (hahahaha).
6. Read more self-published/indie books (I've had great experiences with the couple I've read).
7. Buy a leather jacket and combat boots.
8. Do a full-fledged steampunk photo shoot with my sister and somehow get a family portrait. You have no idea how hard it is to get a family picture in my family.
9. Read 150 books this year (yay for the 2014 Goodreads reading challenge).
10. Buy a beautiful copy of Pride and Prejudice.
Bam! I have a thing for making lists. Now that I put it on here, maybe I can force myself to do some of the things that are more...ew...than others (ahem-- exercise).